OluKai, LLC and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “we”, “us”, the “Company”) are committed to respecting the privacy of visitors to www.olukai.com (our “Website”). The following policy describes how we collect, protect and use personal information we receive from Website visitors including but not limited to name, address, and email address. It does not apply to information collected by the Company through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company, or by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT COLLECTED?
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include information provided at the time of registering for an account, making purchases through our Website, signing up for our newsletter, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website. If you contact us through the Website, we will have records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses). We may ask for your response to surveys for research purchases and collect information about your search queries on the Website. We may also receive personal information about you from third parties. We will collect information about your purchases and other transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfillment of your orders.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including information from the following sources:
Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you view our Website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Clear Gifs Information: When you access the Website, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons), which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. No personally identifiable information is collected using these clear gifs. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails or newsletters sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make the Website better for our users.
Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website my use local stored objects (of Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are managed by the same browser setters as are used for browser cookies.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
OluKai may also collect your email address via cookies and pixels on the Website through the use of trusted third-party partners. These partners may also combine your email information with other information they have access to such as mailing address so that we may serve relevant marketing offers to you via email and direct mail. If you do not want us to collect information about you, please opt out here.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To quickly and securely process transactions.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To administer contests, promotions, surveys or other site features.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To fulfill any other purposes for which you have provided the information, that we have described when the information is collected, or for which you have provided your consent.
By providing us with your email address or other contact information, you consent to our using such contact information to communicate with you regarding the Website, our products, promotions, events and updates. You also consent to our using your email address to send you Website-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your contact information to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of the Website, or special offers. If you wish to opt-out of this consent, please see “How to Opt-Out” below. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages and our responses. If you supply us with their telephone numbers online, you will only receive telephone contact from us with information regarding orders you have placed online.
DO WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
In the future, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings from third parties. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
We do not share credit card information with third parties except for the purpose of processing your order payment and as required by law.
We may make your name and postal address available to other marketing companies who may have offers of interest to you. We share personal information with third party marketing partners for commercial purposes. If do not wish to receive such mailings, or if you would like to opt-out of OluKai's discretionary e-mails or catalogs, please email our customer service firstname.lastname@example.org team with subject “unsubscribe”.
We may disclose aggregated or otherwise non-personally identifiable information without restriction, including to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
HOW DO WE PROTECT VISITOR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we use a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
HOW CAN YOU OPT-OUT?
If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties, you may opt-out by following the instructions in the "Privacy Request Form" section below. To modify your e-mail subscriptions or opt-out of receiving OluKai e-mail (other than required service emails or communications required by law) please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and simply ask us to remove your company, name or account from our email list. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
RIGHT TO KNOW
RIGHT TO DELETE
You may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from you. However, the law exempts certain information from deletion. For example, we may keep information necessary for security and fraud detection. We also may keep information needed to provide you goods or services. When we respond to your request to delete, we will explain what (if any) information we have kept and why. Please note that the law does not consider anonymized or pseudonymized information to be “personal information,” and we may “delete” your information by anonymizing or pseudonymizing it.
PRIVACY REQUEST FORM
If you would like to exercise your rights to request deletion as well as opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties, please visit our Privacy Request Form.
DO NOT TRACK
We do not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or make any purchases through the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our Website, as we determine in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
Irvine, CA 92618
FACEBOOK GIVEAWAY TERMS & CONDITIONS
- No Purchase Necessary
- Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by the Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the Eligibility requirements.
Rules & Eligibility:
- Age: You must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
- Residency: You must be a U.S. resident.
- Entry: Only one entry per person.
- OluKai employees are not eligible.
- Email: By entering the sweepstakes and signing up for the email list, you agree to receive emails from OluKai.
- Promotion Period: Monthly, promotion ends on the last day of each month.
- How to Enter: Facebook form only.
- Prize: OluKai Shoe, Sandal, or Boot determined by giveaway. Approximate retail value $100
- Odds of Winning: The number of eligible entries received determines odds of winning.
- Winner: One winner from each gender will be selected at random the last day of each month, the winner has one week to reply via email to claim prize.
- Delivery: Prize will be delivered to winner via UPS or USPS within 2 weeks of a legitimate claim.
- Winner Names: We reserve the right to publicize all winners names.
- Legal Venue: This promotion is governed by the laws of the State of California.
- Release & Waiver: By participating in the promotion, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless OluKai from and against any and all liability, loss, injuries or damages associated with participation in the promotion, including all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, and attorneys’ fees.
Last Updated: April 28, 2021