Ready For Anything
Browse By Category
Browse By Category
Island Athleisure Women’s Collection
What is the level of stability and arch support provided by these shoes?
These use our PU-GEL footbed with anatomic arch support as used in our most common styles.
What is the level of ventilation provided by the shoe to keep the foot cool and dry?
- Huia features a engineered mesh with zonal ventilation for enhanced breathability in areas prone to overheating with tighter mesh zones for more stability & lockdown.
- Kāholo kept breathablity in mind by removing layers and is more conducive to barefoot wear. The forefoot in the upper has no lining and allows better breathability than other shoes.
- Kīlea is a lifestyle court-inspired style that has internal linings for all season wear. This is not our most breathable shoe but has some protective elements with a combination suede and mesh upper. We use a seamless tongue and forefoot lining for a seamless feeling if worn barefoot.
What is the quality of the materials used to construct the shoe and its ability to withstand wear and tear?
- Huia - In addition to the zonal engineered mesh, the Huia also features hot melt overlays across the midfoot & on the toebox which are areas prone to more wear & tear.
- Kāholo - This shoe is stripped down for breathability. Its engineered knit eliminates unnecessary seams between part of the shoe and could prevent parts from premature tears, but its purpose isn't primarily protective.
- Kīlea - The upper is a combination of cow leather suede in the high wear areas of the shoe and a mesh in areas to provide a level of breathability in zones over the foot and on the side of the foot.
What is the length, width, and overall fit of these shoes?
- Huia - This shoe is standard B in width, those with wider feet may feel additional pressure. The elastic lace feature should help provide additional stretch while holding in those with narrower or lower volume feet.
- Kāholo - This shoe is standard D in width so folks with wider feet may feel additional pressure. The lace up features should help folks with narrower or lower volume feet.
- Kīlea - This shoe is standard B in width, those with wider feet may feel additional pressure. The lace up features should help folks with narrower or lower volume feet.
What is the overall weight of the shoe?
- Huia - Size 7 - 230 per half pair, 460 grams per full pair.
- Kāholo - Size 7 - 250 grams per half pair, 500 grams per full pair.
- Kīlea - Size 7 - 250 grams per half pair, 500 grams per full pair.
What is the level of flexibility provided by the shoe for natural movement of the foot?
- Huia - The bottom of this shoe comprises of a combination of EVA and wet grip rubber outsole. There is no shank in this shoe and flexibilty is intended for walking comfortably.
- Kāholo - The bottom of this shoe comprises of light weight EVA and wet grip rubber. Forefoot rubber coverage provides slip resistance, but also good flexiblity intended for walking and casual wear.
- Kīlea - The full wet grip rubber cupsole is the most protective athleisure shoe. This may be a little less flexible, but still is intended for walking and casual wear.
Drop or heel-to-toe offset: What is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot?
- Huia - 7.5mm Heel to Toe Drop
- Kāholo - 5.0mm Heel to Toe Drop
- Kīlea - 6mm Heel to Toe Drop
What are the materials that make up the top of the shoe and the way they fit around the foot?
- Huia - Stretch tongue with a airy mesh top cloth. Soft textile lining package and a spongey engineered mesh are what round out the full upper package.
- Kāholo - This upper is a one piece engineered mesh to provide open zones in the forefoot and quarter but also tighter knit along the high wear areas to prevent dirt intrusion. This upper does not have a lining across the forefoot to promote breathability in the shoe.
- Kīlea - A combination of cow suede and polyester air mesh in the forefoot. The drop-in heel features a Recycled Polyester & Recycled PET textile that provides padded comfort at the heel. The forefoot and tongue lining provide a seamless feel for the barefoot wearer.
What is the layer of material between the upper and outsole that provides cushioning and support?
- Huia - Compression EVA provides a lightweight, bouncy cushioning - EVA tends to be the industry-standard when it comes to midsole foams. In addition to the EVA, OluKai sneakers also feature the removable PU footbed which offers an additional level of cushioning & support.
- Kāholo - Kāholo uses an injection EVA midsole that is lightweight, but resists breakdown and has better rebound than other EVA's we've used in the past.
- Kīlea - Kīlea has two EVA cakes inside the cupsole (similar to the Pehuea product family) that provides better underfoot comfort rather than standing on rubber alone.
What is the bottom material of the shoe that comes into contact with the ground?
- Huia incorporates a wet grip, non-marking rubber outsole featuring a raised diamond-shaped tread pattern for enhanced traction in both dry & wet environments.
- Kāholo - Kāholo uses our wet grip, non-marking rubber and utilizes small lugs for better flexibilitiy in the outsole.
- Kīlea uses our wet grip non-marking rubber from the bottom and wrapping up the sidewall of the cupsole. It's podded outsole design maximizes surface contact from rubber to surface.